Sh-Boom! Life Could Be A Dream – A Brainerd Community Theatre Production
July 20 @ 6:30 pm - July 23 @ 9:00 pm| $10
Meet Denny and the Dreamers, a fledgling doo-wop singing group preparing to enter the Big Whopper Radio contest to realize their dreams of making it to the big time! Trouble comes in the form of Lois, who arrives to put some polish on the boys. Denny falls in love, Wally falls in line, Eugene falls apart, and along comes handsome heartthrob Duke to send the whole situation spinning.The ’60s hits say it all: “Fools Fall in Love,” “Tears on my Pillow,” “Runaround Sue,” “Earth Angel,” “Stay,” “Unchained Melody,” “Lonely Teardrops,” and “The Glory of Love.” Winner of the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Best Musical Award, Life Could Be a Dream will leave you laughing, singing, and cheering— let’s hear it for the boys!
CLCPAC SUMMER OUTDOOR EVENT INFORMATION
Things to Know Before You Go to the Show:
- How much are tickets? $10 for adults, $5 for those under 18.
- How do I buy tickets? Tickets will be sold ONLY on day of performance, and ONLY on site. No phone or online sales. General admission, first-come, first served. Cash or check only, no credit cards. Box office opens one hour prior to the show (5:30 p.m., with a 6:30 curtain time).
- Where do I go? Park in the south lot of Central Lakes College. Exit off College Drive onto Mississippi Parkway (look for signs at each of the roundabouts on College Drive).
- Are there seats? We ask that you bring your own lawn chair. There will be limited space for on-the-ground seating. Oh, and bring your own bug spray.
- What safety precautions are being taken? Seating areas will be marked that maintain proper social distancing. We encourage you to wear a face covering. Performers are distanced 15 feet from the first row of seating. Our ushers and box office staff will be masked and gloved. Hand sanitizer is available to all.
- What if it rains on the day of the show? We will be monitoring the weather, and will make a final determination as to whether the show goes on 1 hour prior to the starting time of 6:30 p.m.
- What else should I know?
- Water and face masks will be available at a nominal cost.
- Portable toilet facilities will be available on site.
- Please: no coolers, large bags, glass containers.
- Alcohol and tobacco are not allowed on college grounds.
CLC is committed to legal affirmative action, equal opportunity, and access and diversity of its campus community. CLC will actively work with members of the public to provide feasible options for accessibility to campus events. If you require accommodations to attend this event, please contact Accessibility Services at 218-855-8175, email@example.com, or office E138.