#LoveBrainerd Like a Local – The Holiday Edition
Our Favorite Things
Brainerd, MN—This year, more than ever, it is important to #ShopSmall and #ShopLocal. The Visit Brainerd team is going to share seven of our favorite things in Brainerd and Baxter, MN. Tune in at noon Dec. 8-14 to learn more. Each day a different “Favorite Thing” will be featured. On Tuesday, Dec. 14, visit our website and register for your chance to win! We hope this fun series will make your holiday season a little more “Mary” and “Holly.”
- Jack Pine Brewery—This local brewery is located just off Highway 371 North in Baxter, MN. With more than 28 beers on tap, an awesome atmosphere, great outdoor seating and fun entertainment, it is definitely a favorite stop when gathering with friends. Check out Holly’s video to learn more about why it is on her list of “Favorite Things.”
- Coco Moon—A double-tall Thumper and a Monster cookie are a couple of Mary’s favorite things at Coco Moon. This amazing coffee shop is located in downtown Brainerd and has been for more than 25 years. Dare we say, it introduced Brainerd to the craft-coffee craze WAY ahead of its time. Check out Mary’s video.
- The Center Gift Shop—A tucked-away treasure of a gift shop is located at The Center. The members at The Center craft, make and create fabulous items. One of Holly’s favorites is knitted slippers. Check out Holly’s video.
- Wings Cafe—Wings Cafe is located at the Brainerd Regional Airport and it is on our list of favorite things because of it’s delicious home-style cooking and fresh baked goods. Check out Mary and Holly’s video.
- Purple Fern Bath Co.—Love your tub! Discover handmade bath and body goods at Purple Fern Bath Co. Our favorites are the shower bombs and the DIY kits. Check out Mary’s video.
- Cross Country Skiing at The Northland Arboretum—During the snowy days of winter, one of Holly’s favorite things is cross country skiing at the Northland Arboretum on their lighted trails. Check out Holly’s video.
- Christmas Point—Shopping at its best can be found at Christmas Point. Get lost in the three floors of gadgets, gift items, home decor and more. Check out Mary’s video.