Brainerd Attractions Are Opening and Expanding Service and Hours
(This post was originally published on June 5; updated on June 11, 2020.)
Pictured left to right: Climbing wall at Northland Kart Kountry, Whipple Beach in Baxter, and Brainerd Zip Line tour.
Businesses have been working hard to prepare for guests. We assure you that safety practices are in place but you’ll want to watch for signage regarding social distancing, face coverings, occupancy limitations, and other measures specific to the attraction itself.
Details are still changing often so we encourage you to visit the businesses websites, Facebook pages, or call ahead to make sure they’re ready for you and to answer any questions you might have.
- Brainerd International Raceway—Events are happening but spectators are not allowed at this time.
- Brainerd Zip Line—Families and small groups are able to zip together. Schedule your tour online.
- Dragon Forge Games—Open Tuesday–Thursday from 11am–8pm and Friday–Saturday from 11am–10pm. In-store gaming is available but seating is limited.
- Northland Kart Kountry—Attractions that are open include Go-karts, Bungee Bounce, Batting Cages, Climbing Wall, and Jump Shot. In accordance with state guidelines, look for the remainder of our attractions to open as the summer progresses. Open daily from 10am–10pm.
- Northland Arboretum—Self-serve access to the arboretum grounds are open. Classes are also being scheduled and held.
- Pirates Cove Adventure Golf—Open from 11am–8pm until June 14. Open daily from 10am-11pm starting June 15.
- Safari North Wildlife Park—Open for business as usual from 9am–6pm daily.
- The Crossing Arts Alliance—Curbside service available Tuesday–Friday, 10am–3pm; shopping by appointment only Tuesday and Wednesday 10am–3pm; shopping open to the public Thursday and Friday 10am–3pm but limited to six visitors at a time.
- VR Odyssey—Open for business Monday–Tuesday by appointment only, Wednesday–Friday from 2:00–8:00pm, Saturday from 11:30am–8:30pm and Sunday from 11:30am–6:30pm.
- Billy Bones Raceway
- Brainerd Ski Loons Water Ski Shows
- Gull Lake Cruises
- Paul Bunyan Land—Opening June 20 at 10am.
- Paul Bunyan Waterpark at Arrowwood Lodge—Opening June 12 at 3:30pm. There will be two sessions each day and the rate is $10 per session. Waterpark passes are currently NOT included with hotel reservations. Session 1 is from 9am–2:30pm and Session 2 is from 3:30–9pm Sunday–Thursday OR 3:30–10pm Friday–Saturday. Waterpark is open to the public based on hotel capacity. Please call ahead to check availability (218) 822-5563.
- Rapid River Lodge and Suites—Opening June 19 for daily hours from 9am–9pm Sunday–Thursday and 9am–10pm Friday–Saturday. Waterpark is open to the public based on hotel capacity. Please call ahead to check availability (218) 825-7234.
- Three Bear Lodge at Holiday Inn Express—Anticipate opening late-June.
Parks and Trails:
- Baxter City Parks—Park facilities are open. The City encourages encourages all park users to follow CDC guidelines on hygiene and social distancing and to adhere to the posted signs.
- Brainerd City Parks—Park facilities are open. The City encourages encourages all park users to follow CDC guidelines on hygiene and social distancing and to adhere to the posted signs.
- Minnesota State Parks and Trails—Everyone is welcome at Minnesota State Parks and Trails. They are hard at work to safely reopen facilities so that soon everyone can reap the benefits of recreating at these beautiful places that belong to all Minnesotans. They have started reopening campgrounds at state parks, state forests and recreation areas in a phased approach.
- Whipple Beach—The swim buoys have been installed at Whipple Beach. Please adhere to the posted signs. The City encourages all park users to follow CDC guidelines on hygiene and social distancing.
For information on other attractions, events and restaurants, please check-out our Business Directory. For more information, or to talk to someone, please contact the Visit Brainerd Information Center Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm and Saturday from 10am-2pm. We’re located at 706 Laurel Street in Downtown Brainerd. You may call 218-825-0410 or send an email.
Our calendar of events is also current and updated daily. You can find that here.