We recommend that you start off your weekend with some dancing! Exercising in the winter has some surprising benefits. It can increase endurance – In cold temperatures, your heart doesn’t have to work as hard, you sweat less, and expend less energy. And you will burn more fat – Exercising in cold weather can double the amount of fat you burn.
Dancing not your thing? That’s OK. Nothing screams winter more than a Meat Raffle or Bingo. And if your kids are getting antsy with this cold snap, we’ve got suggestions to keep them occupied too.
MUSIC & PERFORMING ARTS
HANDS ON ACTIVITY
- Friday Night Meat Raffle at The Woods (Jan. 7)
- Friday Night Meat Raffle at the Brainerd American Legion (Jan. 7)
- Traveling Art Pub at Sage on Laurel (Jan. 7)
- FNM at Dragon Forge Games (Jan. 7)
- Creativity Kit Giveaway at The Crossing Arts Alliance (Jan. 8)
- WonderTrek Children’s Museum Studio Open House (Jan. 8)
- BINGO at the Brainerd Eagles (Jan. 8)
- BINGO at the Brainerd American Legion (Jan. 9)