WHO WE ARE
Visit Brainerd is the official destination marketing organization and visitor’s bureau for the cities of Baxter and Brainerd, MN. Established in 1995, as a non-profit corporation, we represent the tourism and hospitality businesses within the cities of Baxter and Brainerd. We are committed to promoting the cities as a leisure, business and convention travel destination, and as the economic center of the Brainerd Micropolitan Area. We are dedicated to providing comprehensive, unbiased information to all travelers.
To promote Baxter and Brainerd, MN, as a premiere destination for visitors, convention and meeting services. To provide unbiased information about our community to visitors.
Visit Brainerd exists to attract the maximum number of visitor dollars into the economy. Our job is to create and capitalize on opportunities to support, promote and expand tourism within our cities. By doing this, Visit Brainerd contributes to the local economy by creating jobs, bringing outside customers to local businesses, and increasing our community’s quality of life.
Visit Brainerd is primarily funded by a three-percent local lodging tax collected from short-term lodging properties in the Cities of Baxter and Brainerd. The organization is managed by a full-time Executive Director and is overseen by a Board of Directors with representatives from the local lodging, tourism and hospitality industry. The Board shall have up to nine members with a minimum of five representatives from the local lodging businesses serving five-year terms and a minimum of three representatives from local tourism and hospitality businesses serving three-year terms. Additionally, seasonal and part-time staff members/contractors are hired as needed. Visit Brainerd is located at 14084 Baxter Drive, Suite 12, Baxter, MN 56425 in the lower level of BlackRidge Bank.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Katie Goenner, Board President, General Manager/Owner of the properties of Baymont Inn & Suites, Comfort Suites, and Days Inn & Suites (Term expires: 2020)
- Carolyn Bare, Board Vice President/Treasurer, General Manager of Arrowwood Lodge of the Brainerd Lakes (Term expires: 2021)
- Sarah Stultz, Board Secretary, General Manager of Super 8 (Term expires: 2022)
- Julie Degen, Board Director, Owner/Operator of Northland Kart Kountry (Term expires: 2021)
- Geoff Gorvin, Board Director, President of Gorvin Marketing & PR (Term expires: 2020)
- Aimee Jobe, Owner/Operator for The NPC (Term expires: 2019)
- Rachael Lund, Board Director, Assistant Manager of Days Inn & Suites (Term expires: 2022)
- Karen Rettke, Board Director, General Manager of Country Inn & Suites (Term expires: 2023)
- Tom Vasecka, Board Director, General Manager of Holiday Inn Express (Term expires: 2019)