The Soo Line Depot was built in 1910. It was part of a 1908 – 1910 project to build a rail line from Superior, Wisconsin to Thief River Falls, Minnesota with a branch (Crosby) to the Cuyuna Iron Range.
It is now the home of the Soo Line Depot Museum which is filled with artifacts, photos and documents telling the stories of everyday life and historical events on the Cuyuna Iron Range.
- Read about the Milford Mine Disaster and see pictures of the miners in happier times.
- Climb into the life sized replica of the capsule that Dr. David Simons rode to the stratosphere.
- Imagine yourself in one of our vintage wedding dresses – can you imagine a black velvet wedding dress?
- Look at 100 year old tools from logging and mining.
- If you graduated from Crosby-Ironton High School, you will probably find your picture in one of the many yearbooks here.
- Were you born at Miners Hospital or did you work there? Sign our register at the museum and see what other famous people from Crosby were born here.
- Learn about the rich mining history of the area and examine old photos of miners and mines.
The museum is open from Memorial Weekend through Labor Day Weekend, Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Tours are available or you can browse on your own.