How to Celebrate Father’s Day in Brainerd, MN
You want to do something special for your dad this Father’s Day, so here is a little inspiration:
- Take dad golfing at one of more than 30 courses in the area. The Brainerd area golf courses range in skill-level, so there is something for everyone from championship courses to those perfect for beginners. Regional favorites include The Classic at Madden’s, Pine Beach West or East at Madden’s, Cragun’s Legacy Golf courses, The Pines and The Preserve at Grandview Lodge, and Eagles Landing. For a truly unique golfing experience check out the Gravel Pit golf course which takes golf hazards to a whole new level. If mini golf is more your family’s thing, there are a handful of options for that too, including Pirate’s Cove, Northland Kart Kountry, Nisswa Falls and Traditions.
- Maybe you want to take your dad fishing? The Brainerd area offers plenty of lakes to choose from—there are more than 400 lakes in Crow Wing County. If lake hunting is your thing, check out this link to find somewhere new to explore. A few better-known fisheries include Gull Lake, Round Lake, and North Long Lake, all located on the Highway 371 North corridor. Many people also make the short drive east of Brainerd to Bay Lake or Lake Mille Lacs. The mine pits of the Cuyuna Lakes Area are great for trout fishing and don’t forget shore fishing along the Mississippi and Gull Rivers. If you’d rather have a guide, there are several excellent options to choose from. You may also find tips in our fishing blog.
- Another idea for this Father’s Day would be to hit the trails. Whether that means mountain biking or road biking there are plenty of options. You could bike the Paul Bunyan Trail—the longest continuous rail trail in the United States—or go all terrain at the Cuyuna Lakes Mountain Biking Trails. There are plenty of places to acquire premium rental bicycles. Visit Easy Rider Bicycle & Sport Shop or Muddy Bikes in Brainerd.
- Does dad enjoy craft beer or cocktails? Then consider one of the area’s breweries, the distillery, or cidery. They are all family friendly and often have board and card games, live music, and snacks to keep everyone entertained. Here’s a list of where to go: Brainerd there is 5Rocks Distillery, Baxter has Jack Pine Brewery, just north of Baxter is Woodlore Cider, Nisswa has Big Axe Brewing Company, Crosby has Cuyuna Brewing Company, Crosslake has 4 Lakes Brewery, and way up north in Jenkins (which is only a 30-minute drive in these parts) is the Snarky Loon.
- Brunch specials seem to be more of a Mother’s Day thing, but we still have some great recommendations for breakfast and brunch options. Brainerd/Baxter favorites include The Barn, Dunmire’s, Sage on Laurel, The Skillet, 371 Diner, Wings Airport Café, and The Green Lantern Bar & Grill. Check out our dining directory for restaurant options.
No matter what you decide to do, enjoy the day celebrating your dad, papa, father-figure or best guy this year. As always, plan your trip to Brainerd and Baxter, MN, by checking out the hotel options, our calendar of events, and our blog for inspiration.